WebRock Business Application Framework
WebRock88 is a compact framework for database-backed web-based applications.
"88" acts as logical separator in WebRock concept and could be read as "at". Underscore cannot be used as it is already widely used in table-, field- and variable names. All other symbols could create problems in auto-generated client-side scripts, etc.
Avoiding "88" in names is the only limitation WebRock as a platform gives you.
WebRock is designed to equally support building new solutions and taking over legacy non-platform or "mis-platform" applications.
Main functionality headlines:
UI Automation: data display and entry in grids, forms and special controls
Data Mapping Automation from/to sql:
The relationships are discovered by foreign keys, configurable naming conventions or both.
- one-to-many relationships, also recursive to itself
- many-to-one relationships, also recursive to itself
- many-to-many relationships, when related to itself you can choose between 1-directional or 2-directional relationship
Currently supported RDMBS:
- Microsoft SQL Server (in production)
- MySql Server (in production)
- Oracle, Microsoft Access (development)
Central Security: Organisation or WebRock level domain, authentication with password, WindowsNT-integrated, Smart-card (ID-card), Facebook, user-configured (OpenID, LiveID, ...)
Handy authorisation module on application level.
4 built-in security principals:
- All-or-nothing: authentication=full access
- Data-object level (read, write, none)
- Record-level (owned, related, external) 88 (read, write, none)
Multi-level Configurable Navigation Menus. Layout is up to application developer.
Multi-Language Support: The systems is built up on English-based keywords and automatically cached by every displayed web page.
Application admin can add a language. Translations can be made based on system language or any other existing language. Translation UI also provides full or page-based view.
External link: Proekspert AS Wiki
Some links are broken due to a major refactoring until 31.10.2011